Committee jurisdiction includes California High-Speed Rail Authority, California Highway Patrol, California Transportation Commission, Department of Motor Vehicles, Department of Transportation (Caltrans), driver’s licenses, freight, regional transportation agencies, transit authorities, intercity rail, mobile sources of air pollution, fuels, rules of the road, state highways, local streets and roads, vehicles, aircraft, bicycle and pedestrian facilities, and vessels.
Assembly Transportation is located in the Legislative Office Building at 1020 N Street--Room 112. You may reach us at (916) 319-2093.
- All letters of support and opposition are required to be submitted through the position letter portal by noon---seven days prior to the bill's hearing date.
- Amendments are due no later than 12 p.m.--six business days prior to the bill's hearing date.
- All primary witness testimony of support and opposition must be in-person.
- Public or additional comments ("me toos") can be by phone and a 1-800 number will be posted to our website 24 hours prior to the hearing.
- The Committee meets on Mondays at 2:30 p.m. (or upon adjournment of session should it go late) at 1021 O Street, RM 1100 unless otherwise noted in the Daily File.
- Assembly Transportation will hear bills in file order.
Important COVID-19 Information
We encourage the public to provide written testimony before the hearing by visiting https://calegislation.lc.ca.gov/Advocates/. Please note that any written testimony submitted to the committee is considered public comment and may be read into the record or reprinted.
The hearing room will be open for attendance of this hearing, but the public is strongly encouraged to participate via the web portal and watch the hearing from its live stream on the Assembly’s website at https://www.assembly.ca.gov/todaysevents.
Any member of the public attending a hearing in the Capitol or 1021 O Street (Swing Space) is encouraged to wear a mask at all times while in the building. We encourage the public to monitor the committee’s website for updates.